Nokia has just announced Lumia 520, Nokia’s most affordable Windows Phone 8 smartphone as of yet. The phone was announced along with the Lumia 720. The Lumia 520 sports a 4-inch IPS LCD display with WVGA resolution (800×480 pixels). The device runs on a dual-core Snapdragon processor and is equipped with 512MB of RAM, 8GB of internal memory, and a microSD slot for expansion up to 64GB of external memory. On the rear is a 5 MP camera with autofocus and 720p HD video recording capabilities.
Nokia promises that the low-end phone delivers experiences normally only found in high-end smartphones, such as the same digital camera lenses found on the flagship Nokia Lumia 920. Experiences such as Nokia Music for free music is included out of the box and it even supports offline playback. Sweeting the deal is the HERE location suite bundled with the Lumia 520. The 4-inch touchscreen is actually a super sensitive touchscreen, the same kind included in the Lumia 920. This makes for a more responsive and immersive content experience than what can usually be found at this price.
Lumia 520 Specifications:
- Operating System: Windows Phone 8
- Networks: WCDMA 900/2100, 850/1900/2100, GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
- Speed: 3G HSPA+ (21Mbps)
- Memory: 512 MB RAM, 8 GB mass memory, support for microSD cards up to 64GB, 7GB free SkyDrive storage
- Display: 4” IPS LCD WVGA (800 x 480 pixels) 16M colors,
2D hardened glass, super sensitive touch for fingernail and glove use
- Processor: 1 GHz Dual Core Snapdragon™
- Camera: 5Mpix autofocus, video recording HD 720p 30fps
- Size: 119.9 x 64 x 9.9 mm* (*volume thickness)
- Weight: 124g
- Connectivity: WLAN IEEE802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, Integrated A-GPS, 3.5 mm audio connector, Micro USB with charging, USB 2.0 High Speed
- Battery: 1430mAh
- Audio: single digital microphone, 3.5mm AV connector, MP3 player
- Colours: Yellow, red, cyan, white and black
- Talk time: up to 9.6 hours (on 3G)
- Standby time: up to 360 hours
The Nokia Lumia 520 comes in five colors, with an estimated starting price of EUR 139 (~Rs. 9,926/-), before taxes and subsidies. The phone’s roll-out strategy is the same as that of the Lumia 720, with plans to begin releases come Q1 2013 in Hong Kong and Vietnam, before expanding broadly in Q2 2013 to emerging markets in Europe, Asia – including China and India – Latin America and Africa. The Nokia Lumia 520 is also planned to roll out in the United States with T-Mobile.