Not to lose out on the budget phones market, Nokia has unveiled the Nokia 105, its most affordable phone to date, and the Nokia 301, for more affordable Internet and email access, and camera experiences inspired by Nokia Lumia smartphones. Nokia has also announced the Lumia 520 and Lumia 720 today.
The Nokia 105 is marketed as an ideal device for the first-time phone buyer. The device features a bright color screen with clear menus and other essentials such as FM radio; multiple alarm clocks; speaking clock; a dust and splash-proof, pillowed key pad; and a flashlight. The claimed standby time of up to 35-days makes it an ideal choice for people seeking a long-standing back-up device.
Nokia 105 Specifications:
- System: Dual band, EGSM 900/1800
- Size/weight: 107 x 44.8 x 14.3 mm; 70 g (including battery)
- Display: 1.45” 65k Colour TFT Display
- Memory: 8MB ROM
- Connectivity: 2.0 mm Charger Connector, 3.5 mm AV Connector
- Battery: standby time: up to 35 days; talk time: up to 12.5 hours
- *headset required.
The Nokia 105 is available in black and cyan for a recommended price of EUR 15 (~Rs. 1,072/-). It is planned to start rolling out in Q1 2013 and is expected to be gradually expanded to China, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Nigeria, Russia, Vietnam and other markets in Africa, Middle East, Asia-Pacific and Europe.
The Nokia 301 delivers great design and a bold color palette, with 3.5G Internet connection support and Nokia Xpress Browser preloaded for up to 90 percent more data efficiency. It is apparently the most affordable Nokia device to offer video streaming and also features the new smart camera functions, inspired by the digital camera lenses on the Nokia Lumia smartphones.
Nokia 301 Specifications:
- System: GSM 850/900/1800/1900, WCDMA 900/2100, 850/1900
- Size & weight: 114 x 50 x 12.5 mm; 102g
- Display: 2.4” QVGA TFT colour display
- Memory: Up to 256MB, 64MB RAM (plus up to 32GB microSD card)
- Connectivity: 2.0 mm Charger Connector, 3.5 mm AV Connector, Bluetooth 3.0
- Single SIM – standby 2G/3G: 37/39days,
- Dual SIM – standby 2G/3G: 31/34days
- Talk time – 2G/3G = 20/6hrs
The Nokia 301 is available in cyan, black, magenta, yellow and white for a recommended price of EUR 65 (~Rs. 4,641/-). It is planned to start rolling out in Q2 2013 and is expected to be available in more than 120 countries in Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe, India, Middle East and Latin America.